Jeet Kune Do is a fighting style originally developed by Bruce Lee, the world renowned actor and martial arts prodigy. It is known for its fluid movements and simple, yet potent techniques to accommodate various real-life scenarios. The style combines the best moves found in Wing Chun Kung Fu, boxing and fencing. To find Jeet Kune Lakeland classes, all you need to do is visit Sifu Och Wing Chun, a school that incorporates the best of Jeet Kune Do into a modernized fighting combat style.
Elements of Wing Chun Kung Fu in Jeet Kune Lakeland Classes
Bruce Lee studied a form of Kung Fu known as Wing Chun Kung Fu from a very young age. In fact, the majority of videos that have captured his training feature the famous martial artist practicing moves from that very same fighting style. With only three forms, the entire system gets together with a real partner for practical training and reaction.
Like most other Chinese martial arts, Wing Chun teaches a strict form, controlled movements, and attack patterns that react to the actions of your opponents. This proves to be highly effective in a controlled environment of martial arts competitions, but can become limiting and predictable when faced with a real danger of violence on the street.
Difference Between Wing Chun and Jeet Kune
Bruce Lee had perfected Wing Chun Kung Fu moves through years of training and regarded them highly, but also believed that they can be improved to better reflect the chaos and unpredictability of street fighting. In order to do that, he got rid of strict techniques in favor of quick and unpredictable moves that would have an element of surprise. The focus shifted from domination and control to flexibility and speed.
When you come to seek Jeet Kune Lakeland Florida classes, Sifu Och Wing Chun teaches the same principles that were originally envisioned by Bruce Lee when he referred to his invention as a “style with no style” and worked hard to make his movements “fluid like water”.
Jeet Kune Lakeland Fl Classes
- Jeet Kune Do uses the simple moves of Wing Chun that achieve maximum possible effect.
- Quick and elusive techniques taught that take your opponent by surprise.
- Hitting multiple parts of the opponent’s body in close succession.
- It borrows moves from different styles of martial arts and even some sports.
- The moves consist primarily of kicking, punching, trapping and grappling.
- Instead of controlled movement patterns, techniques flow smoothly and freely.
- Jeet Kune Do uses Wing Chun tactics to disrupts engaged opponents as they are about to attack
Before you search for a place in Lakeland, Florida to learn Jeet Kune Do, consider the following facts about this style, and see if it will be suitable for your goals and your body. Some of them can also be taken as advice for those who are planning to start their training in the future.
- Jeet Kune Do requires a lot of flexibility, which can be achieved through regular stretching exercises.
- There can be no improvement without constant training, so involving someone else to train with you daily would be beneficial.
- Remember that learning Jeet Kune Lakeland Florida classes take a lot of time and practice.
- You won’t get to any of the advanced techniques unless you’re patient.
If you would like to find out more about learning this form of martial arts in Lakeland, Florida, contact us to get familiar with the specifics and requirements of Jeet Kune Do.